How Do Candy And Snacks Affect Our Teeth?
Friday Mar 12th, 2021
Eating candy, toffee, snacks and munchies can cause teeth to decay because of the cultivated starches that get stuck between the teeth and in turn cause periodontal disease. This type of fast food that remain in the mouth for long intervals cause bacteria to grow which forms acid and then decay the teeth and the gums.
What are the consequences of eating Fast Food in Children?
Children are the first to bear the brunt of fast foods especially if their life revolves around it. The outcomes, which not only affects teeth but also overall health in daily life are:
- Food that gets stuck in between teeth causes tooth decay leading to endless pain.
- Their school life gets affected with this pain disturbing their concentration and hindering their learning capacity.
- Eating too much of this food, which lacks nutritive value, can result in obesity, diabetes (Type 2) and problems related to the heart.
- All these factors can worsen over time causing acute tooth infection.
- For growing children, fast food which lacks nutrition and does not have enough calcium causes harmful effects on new teeth coming in which could be unhealthy and lack strength.
- Lack of nutrition and calcium can cause weak bones and ion deficiency could result in stunted brain development.
Post a comment